Monday, February 14, 2011

My Dream Holiday(:

This time we were asked to find information on our dream holiday. I've always known how my dream holiday will be like and it is to go to Egypt and to visit all the magnificent pyramids. I’ve always been intrigued by the marvelous architecture of these pyramid-shaped structure.  A quick history about pyramids is that they were built mostly as tombs for the country’s Pharaohs. As there are many pyramids found in Egypt, I would like to specifically visit the pyramids in Giza. This is because not only will I be able to view the pyramids, I will also be able to see the Sphinx.

To find out more information on Egypt, I visited Egypt’s travel website. Below are screenshots of the website.


 The picture may be a little small but if you were to look closely, you can see small black dots. When one scrolls over the black dots, more information about that particular structure will be shown. I think this is a really unique feature as it allows visitors to the site to learn more about the structures before choosing the structures they wish to visit.

This website also allows the users to book for their holiday package now and also to learn basic Arabic phrases that may be useful for them. 


 Besides the pyramids, one can also view the other activities tourists can do such as visiting the desert, beaches and shopping establishments. This provides the user with more information other than its popular pyramids.  


I had made use of 2 different evaluation criteria to evaluate this website. 

1.       Presentation & Usability
The website I visited is visually appealing as it uses graphics that were appropriate to the purpose of the website. The graphic made it a more interesting site as compared to the other sites I visited. The headings were clear and the content was also well-written.

2.       Usability
The website is easy to extremely user-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment